CHARRED CAULIFLOWER ON TROMBONCINO PUREE, TAHINI DRESSING, MIDDLE EASTERN CRUMB, CHARD CHIPS
Recipe by Heather Hristovski
Read all the recipe and gather all the ingredients for each step before starting. This is an easy recipe and delicious so don’t be put off by the different components.
2 large carrots
2 large potatoes
250grams tromboncino (use additional pumpkin if tromboncino is not available)
2 cloves garlic
- Peel and chop all veg roughly
- Place into pot and just cover with water to make a thick puree
- Simmer until tender
- Puree until smooth, season well
1 large head of cauliflower
Middle eastern Spice – 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, sea salt and chilli to taste
3 tbls olive oil oil (mix with the spice)
- Dry cauliflower well and brush with spice and oil mixture
- Roast in a very hot oven for 1 hour until tender and charred
- Baste with oil mixture often.
3 tbls tahini paste
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbls honey
Salt and pepper
3 tbls water
- Process all ingredients until thick cream consistency
Toasted panko bread crumbs
Equal quantities toasted panko bread crumbs and Dukkah Or substitute Dukkah for toasted almond slivers.
- Mix dukkah and bread crumb together
Chard leaves, or Kale leaves
- Wash well and dry completely.
- Deep fry Chard or Kale leaves until crisp
Pomegranate tendrils (seeds) for garnish.
- Place a bed of Tromboncino puree on a large platter.
- Place charred Cauliflower in the centre
- Pour Tahini dressing over Cauliflower
- Sprinkle with crumb, approximately 4 tablespoons.
- Garnish with crisp chard leaves and pomegranate tendrils and ENJOY
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan if Honey is substituted