I love this recipe because it is one I can make throughout the year, as I grow so many varieties of pumpkin and can store and keep them for many months.
½ cup butter (125 grams) softened
¾ cup sugar
1 cup mashed pumpkin
1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
¾ cup sultanas or mixed fruit
½ cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well to combine.
- Add pumpkin.
- Add in sifted flour and mix well.
- Stir in dried fruit and walnuts (if using).
- Pour into greased and lined 20 cm square tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.