- 2kg New Guinea bean, deseeded, peeled if large, and sliced into half moons.
- 4 onions sliced
- several table spoons of good olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- chilli to taste
- 500gm cherry tomatoes, or whole tomatoes cut into quarters
- Salt, pepper
- fresh basil, torn into pieces
- grated Parmesan
- Saute onions and New Guinea bean in good quality olive oil.
- Saute garlic and chili.
- Add tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and simmer to extract moisture from the bean.
- This becomes your sauce. Simmer until thickened. Add torn basil.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and garnish with more fresh basil. Delicious eaten with fresh bread.
Recipe courtesy of Heather Hristovski