- 2kg New Guinea bean, deseeded, peeled if large, and sliced into half moons.
- 4 onions sliced
- several table spoons of good olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- chilli to taste
- 500gm cherry tomatoes, or whole tomatoes cut into quarters
- Salt, pepper
- fresh basil, torn into pieces
- grated Parmesan
- Saute onions and New Guinea bean in good quality olive oil.
- Saute garlic and chili.
- Add tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid and simmer to extract moisture from the bean.
- This becomes your sauce. Simmer until thickened. Add torn basil.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and garnish with more fresh basil. Delicious eaten with fresh bread.
Recipe courtesy of Heather Hristovski
Some, but not all recipes on this website are Sophie’s Patch originals. At Sophie’s Patch we share cake recipes developed by Sophie, and recipes for other foods that we love that are published and developed by other cooks and chefs. These are tried, trusted, simple and accessible recipes for any level of cook. Pastry, bread and cakes are a science with recipes available for sharing and while there may be minor changes between cooks and publications the recipes are repeated and replicated many times.