Open Garden at Hamlyn Cottage
March 31st to April 2nd 2018.
Keep up to date on plans for our 2018 Easter Open Garden on our event's page.
See what happened in Easter 2017...
The tradition continues... Easter at Sophie’s Patch.
Hamlyn Cottage, 394 Springs Road, Mt Barker Springs
This is our third year of Open Gardens and the changes and developments in the garden in that time have to be seen to be believed. Our Program is now finalised and we are happy to share it with you.
Hear from experts between 11am and 3pm on how to attract butterflies and birds to your garden, tips on keeping bees at home, organic vegie gardening, advice on growing Mediterranean climate fruit trees, and making succulent art and kokedamas.
Organisations at the Open Garden will be:
Three great different activities on three different days...
- Tracy King from the Travelling Papermaker will help kids embed seeds into gift tags on Saturday.
- Kate Hubmayer will teach nature craft for kids on Easter Sunday
- Kristen Messenger from Bugs ‘N’ Slugs will supervise bug related kids activities on Easter Monday.
Nurseries at the Easter Open Garden:
As always, local nurseries will be sharing their knowledge and selling plants. This year Diggers Nursery is joining us as well.
Homemade Refreshments and Great Coffee
We will have lunch, tea coffee and drinks available as well as cakes made with produce from Sophie’s Patch.
This year we are welcoming the Beans Talk Coffee Cart who will be offering barista made coffee.
Parking and What to Bring
As in previous years, Local Rotary Clubs will be managing visitor parking to raise money for their chosen charities.
- Garden is open from 10am until 4.30pm each day.
- Entrance is $10 for people over 18.
- Stay in the garden as long as you would like to.
- No dogs allowed.